|Welcome to Universal Studios! Universal Studios On-Line, Inc., its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies ("Universal") maintain this site (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Universal's written permission. Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Site.
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions without the written permission of Universal. Universal neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Universal.
- While Universal uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, Universal makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Universal assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Universal nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Universal also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- While we are always happy to hear from you, it is Universal's policy not to accept or consider creative materials, ideas, or suggestions other than those we specifically request. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed independently. Therefore we must request that you do not send to us any original creative materials such as screenplays, stories, original artwork, etc. Any communication or material you do transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Universal or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Universal is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Universal. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Universal and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Universal or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Universal will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- Universal has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Although Universal may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Universal is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Universal will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Universal to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Universal and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. Universal reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with Universal's defense of such claim.
- The Sites are controlled and operated by Universal Studios On-Line, Inc. from its offices within the State of California, United States of America. Universal Studios On-Line, Inc. makes no representation that materials in the Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations and other countries. Those who choose to access the Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State. Any action you, any third party or Universal Studios On-Line, Inc. bring to enforce this agreement or, in connection with, any matters related to this site shall be brought only in either the state or Federal Courts located in Los Angeles County, California, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by Universal Studios On-Line, Inc.
- Software from this Site is further subject to United States Export Controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
- Universal may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Last Modified May 19, 2000
The policies below apply to reservations made through Universal/Loews Hotel Reservation Office. If you have already made a reservation through the Hotel Reservation Office, your confirmation number will be 8 digits in length and consist of numbers only. For example: 98765432 or 89012345
If you have a reservation that includes letters, please review Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations Terms and Conditions.
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Guests must be 21 years of age to book a hotel room and provide proper identification upon check-in.
DEPOSIT POLICY: One night’s room and tax is due at time of booking. The credit card will be charged within 5 business days of the transaction date. If booking within 5 days of arrival you are within cancellation penalty. Your credit card will not be charged unless you do not arrive at the hotel as your penalty. The same credit card should be presented at the front desk upon arrival for payment of all room nights.
FORMS OF PAYMENT:
The following major credit cards, as well as money orders, personal, certified, and travel agency checks, may be accepted for deposits. (For reservations made within 30 days of arrival, personal checks are not accepted.)
For reservation deposits, cash and traveler’s checks are not accepted.
American Express Official Card of Universal Orlando® Resort
Japanese Credit Bureau (JCB)
Once a guest arrives at Universal Orlando, all of the above forms of payment will be accepted plus cash and traveler’s checks.
LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS:
Checks can be mailed to:
6800 Lakewood Plaza Drive
Orlando, Fl 32819
PLEASE NOTE: Deposits are forfeited if guest checks out of the hotel prior to the check-out date. Upon arrival at the hotel, the guest will confirm their departure date.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The cancellation policy for Central Reservations will be one night’s room and tax if reservation is canceled within 5 days of arrival.
Special Restrictions may apply during holidays and special events
HOTEL TAXES: Universal Orlando on-site hotels will include certain applicable taxes to be collected each night of a guest’s stay. The following taxes will apply:
Florida State Sales Tax 6.5%
Orange County Occupancy Tax 6%
12.5% Total Tax
The policies below apply to reservations made through Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations. If you have already made a reservation with Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations, your confirmation number will be 8 digits in length and consist of numbers and letters. For example: C12B40U4 or 7YW230U3
If you have a reservation that consists of numbers only, please review Universal Orlando On-Site Hotel Reservations.
Revised 12/29/2008 - General Conditions:
The information provided below is intended to inform you of the various taxes, governmental fees and other charges on any travel-related transactions, fees and charges you may pay when you book your travel arrangements with Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations. All prices shown are in U.S. Dollars ($) and include applicable taxes, fees and charges, except as otherwise noted. Packages and rates are subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to change based upon your choice of travel dates, number of travelers, departure city, and your choice of flight, hotels or other items, and may require a minimum nights' stay. Package prices are guaranteed upon full payment received by Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations, and solely subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other charges by government authorities. Package inclusions and options subject to change without notice. All persons on the same reservation must purchase the same package.
Please remember that you may incur other charges while traveling that are not included in the quoted package price payable to Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations, such as hotel extra-person or extra-bed charges, resort fees, gratuities, hotel energy and/or telecommunications surcharges, parking fees, telephone fees, room service, movies, mini-bar, or rental car insurance, gasoline, and other incidentals.
Once booked, airline tickets are non-refundable. In the event you make changes or rebook your vacation package, the original airfare paid may be applied toward a new ticket, subject to the airlines’ rules and regulations, as well as the payment of a re-ticketing fee and any differences in airfare amounts. In the event you cancel and do not rebook your vacation package, you will need to make any changes to future travel directly with the airline, subject to its rules and regulations, as well as payment of a re-ticketing fee and any differences in airfare amounts. Your air transactions will be fulfilled using electronic ticketing. Paper tickets are not available.
Airlines may cancel duplicate reservations without notice. Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations shall not be responsible for any airline schedule changes, delays, cancellations, or any airline’s failure to perform for any reason including, but not limited to, strike, inclement weather, or bankruptcy.
Guests are encouraged to reconfirm all flights directly with the airline since flight schedules are subject to change and are not guaranteed. Guests are responsible for any additional fees that may be charged by the airline (such as extra baggage or heavy baggage, beverages, movies, etc.). Any seat selection made at the time of booking is not guaranteed. If seat selection is unavailable through Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations, seats will be assigned at airport check in. Guests age 17 and younger must fly with an adult on the same itinerary and reservation. If you are travelling with minors under the age of 18, please contact the airline directly for any safety regulations or other requirements. Please remember to bring a government-issued photo identification which is required for all air passengers 18 years and older. It is the responsibility of guests to provide full, legal names of all passengers, including the children's ages at the time of booking.
Of course, all air fares may be subject to additional restrictions, may not be available on all flights, and may change without notice.
Taxes and fees are charged per ticket and include, without limitation:
Surcharges - various airline surcharges from $1.50 to over $50 may apply.
Federal Excise Tax - 7.5% of base fare (may be pro-rated for flights from US to Hawaii, Alaska and international destinations). A Travel Facilities Tax of up to $15.00 per roundtrip for domestic flights beginning or ending in Alaska or Hawaii may apply.
Passenger Facility Charges - up to $18.00, depending on the itinerary.
Federal Segment Fees - $3.40 per U.S. flight segment.
September 11th Security Fee - $2.50 per flight segment with a maximum of $10.00 per ticket
Hotel check-in is generally 4 p.m. Two double beds are standard in the room unless otherwise stated. Charges for in-room safes, rollaway beds and cribs, plus applicable taxes, are not included in the package price and are payable directly to the hotel. Gratuities, resort fees, parking fees, laundry, telephone calls, meals, beverages, sightseeing or any other incidentals at the hotel are the responsibility of the guest. Adjacent rooms and/or connecting rooms, room locations, types of bedding and smoking preferences are on a request-only basis and subject to availability at the time of check-in. Please advise us of any special needs at the time of booking.
Once deposit and/or full payment is received, a $50 revision fee per transaction, plus any applicable services fees or price increases, will be assessed for any changes made to the reservation including, but not limited to, dates, air carrier, hotel, and ground transportation. If your vacation includes airline reservations, air change fees apply, plus a $50 per reservation revision fee and any other fees or price increases imposed by the airline will be charged. Fees are non-refundable. Certain types of airline reservation changes, including name changes, are prohibited based upon restrictions imposed by the carrier.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing refunds.
Car Rental Transactions:
If your client keeps a rental car longer than the original reservation, they must pay additional amounts, including taxes, governmental fees and other charges, directly to the car rental agency when they return the rental car. Any additional products or services that are offered to the client by the car rental company at the time of pick-up, must be paid directly by the client to the car rental company.
Cancellation Fee for Bookings:
DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL PENALTIES
45 days or more Full refund*
44 – 6 days $100 fee per reservation, plus fees imposed by hotel, airline and/or other components
5-0 days $200 fee per reservation, plus fees imposed by hotel, airline and/or other components
*Additional Terms & Conditions apply regarding transactions including air travel, Halloween Horror Nights, Blue Man Group, VIP Tours and Discovery Cove.
Attraction Ticket Purchases and Features:
Attraction tickets are non-refundable once purchased. Discovery Cove requires a 14-day notice to avoid additional cancellation fees. Additional terms and conditions apply regarding transactions including Blue Man Group show admission. Purchase of attraction tickets only must be paid in full at time of booking and are non-refundable. Additional restrictions may apply. Theme parks, restaurants, shows, attractions, rides, entertainment and other services and features are subject to change without notice and may be closed temporarily due to renovation, capacity, inclement weather, special events, or may otherwise be discontinued or changes without notice and without liability to Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
We accept American Express®, MasterCard®, Discover® Card and Visa®. For final payment we also accept personal checks, travel agency checks, money orders and cashiers checks. We will not accept third-party checks. Payments must be made in US ($) dollars. Reservations booked within 45 days must be paid with a credit card.
For reservations that include air travel, the total price of airline tickets are due at the time of booking and must be paid in full, in addition to a deposit of per reservation as described below:
DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL PAYMENT
46 days or more $50 per person deposit, plus cost of Airfare, Vacation Protection Plan & select add-ons due at time of reservation
45-0 days Full payment due at time of reservation (restrictions apply)
Vacation Protection Plan:
Vacation Protection Plan is non-refundable. Rates and coverage are subject to change without notice.
Insurance only valid for residents of the United States and Canada.
Certain conditions, exclusions, and other limitations may apply. For full terms and conditions of coverage, please visit http://www.univacations.com/vacoptions/doc.pdf. This program is administered by: Travel Guard. Insurance coverage is underwritten by the National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, PA. These non-refundable and non-transferable plans must be purchased at the time of final payment.
Applicable Law & Responsibility:
It is agreed by and between you and Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations, that all claims, disputes and matters whatsoever arising under or in connection with your booking and these policies and procedures shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida (without regard to conflict of laws) and shall be litigated, if at all, in and before a court located in Orange County, Florida, USA, to the exclusion of the courts of any other state or country. Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations is not responsible for any error or omission. Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations is an independent wholesaler, and the services described are provided by independent contractors. Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any loss, injury (including personal injury), or any damage caused or arising in connection with customer's travel or other services or products provided through Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations, including but not limited to, any transportation, accommodations, attractions, meals, or other services, due to any acts of God, weather, strikes, acts of Government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, hijacks, thefts, or any other circumstances beyond our control. The terms and conditions of the transportation providers (including all applicable tariffs) shall apply to all transportation services.
Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations® is registered with the State of Florida as a seller of travel. Registration number: ST-24215.